Monday, February 1, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I just read my nieces post. She's moving
to a different state and handing
her keys over to some friends that are moving
into her apartment.
She told of all the memories her small family had
in those walls!

Priceless.

We have lived in our home for 11 years.
We never intended on staying this long.

I knew we needed to live here. Even though
it was smaller than we wanted. Even though
the neighborhood isn't that great. But when I
walked in the door.... well, I just knew.

We moved in when T was 5, S was 2 1/2
and C was 6 months old. We went through
3 more children, a dog and her puppies,
job changes, stressful times, happy times,
plentiful gardens, a peach tree, an apricot tree,
dead tree's, a big whole in the back yard that
used to be a cat's grave. (The owner of the cat dug it
up and brought it home. Then the kids made a fort
out of it with tunnels and all!)

I taught all my kids and the neighbors
how to ride a two wheeler.
A great accomplishment if I do say so myself. :)

I had little girls clubs and little boys clubs
here, a collection museum, a living room fort,
late night movies with my man.

And like your pantry Christina, We can escape inside ours
for peace and quiet while we talk on the phone, or eat our
candy that we are too selfish to share. :)

We have been called to take care of the people
in this neighborhood. And I can tell you, we
have been so blessed to know them. You
wont find many better!

The joys we have had in this house and neighborhood
are endless,and when I really start thinking,
the stories are too.

I love it here. It's small, and our neighborhood
isn't that great, but it's home.

Home Sweet Home!

Thanks Christina!

No comments:

Post a Comment