I've been trying new recipes
to spice up our taste buds and
it's been rough. I have 1 good recipe
out of 5. So, I thought I'd share.
Tortilla Soup
1 lb shredded chicken
1(15 oz.) can peeled tomatoes
I blended mine. Don't like chunks!
1 (10 oz) can enchalada sause ( I used green)
1 med. chopped onion
1 can chopped green chili peppers
2 cloves garlic minced
2 C water
1 can chicken broth
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 bay leaf
1 C frozen corn (optional)
1 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro leaves
Mix all in a crock pot. Cook on high 3-4 hours
or on low for 6-8 hours.
7 corn tortillas brushed with oil sliced into
strips and baked at 400 degrees until
snaps in half when you bend it.
Serve with corn tortilla strips and
guacamole or avocado slices.
So good. I should have doubled it for my
big family. We all wanted more!!
Enjoy!

I can't wait to try it, it looks sooo yummy!! Thanks for sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteOk, so I make dinner once a week for a friend of mine and her family. I made this soup for all of us and we all loved it! Thanks, Kelly! I cheated and added shredded cheddar on top of the bowls too.
ReplyDelete