Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Today is Christmas?


Last night I had a dream that today would be
Christmas. I was in a panic. What did we decide to
do for the kids? Why hadn't we bought a Christmas
Tree yet? What would we serve for breakfast? Why
didn't we think about others!
What was our problem?

I think there is a lesson to be learned here! Maybe the most

important is not to procrastinate!
But I was thinking more about traditions.

I had a discussion with my sister yesterday about this.

Every year her family goes to the pumkin patch, chooses a
few pumkins to carve, and eats doughnuts and hot chocolate
for a treat. They do this on the Monday before Halloween.
This year, she forgot, until her faithful daughters reminded her of it.
" oh ya" she would say with a sigh.

"That's why I dont like doing the same thing every year,"
I said, "because then it becomes a tradition and I HAVE to do it!
I dont like that feeling."


Then she said, "But the kids love it and they will remember

times like these forever!"

She is absolutley right! That's why I felt panic last night

while I was dreaming. We have Christmas traditions that
cannot be forgotten.

We should have more traditions!

What are yours?

Interested in a Christmas service project? Click
here!

No comments:

Post a Comment