Saturday, August 29, 2009

Huzzah!

Last year's final battle, we think the guy in the cloak on the very right side is T


Yesterday and today D has been
participating in the
Knights of Freedom Summit.
Knights of Freedom is en educational
homeshool club in which boys ages 8-12
learn to be great men, by reading literature
about great men in history, participate in
fun activities and service projects.
Every summer the leaders get together to
put on a two day event for these boys to learn to be
chivalrous, noble, brave and true. They
learn about what it means to fight for freedom.
And they fight, Literally! With foam swords and
shields. Yesterday I was the lucky parent
to escort D and be a virtue teacher. I taught
about the difference between Idleness and
Work. Today, My Man escorted D and today
he is learning to combat. Today he will be participating
in the final battle for freedom.
There are about 130 boys and a whole lot of villains
to fight against. My Man will be a villain along with T and
Sara and T's friend Jeremy. What fun!

My Man just called in an update on D. He was
chosen from his group to fight ( in front of everyone)
10 knights. Alone! I cant wait to see pictures and
post them all.
I'll do another post today when I get all the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment