Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Day Off!

Today was very nice.

I did spend the first part of the day shopping
with T and Sara. Sara needed new church
shoes and I was so rudely awakened to her
teenage fashion phase when she brought
a box with brown 3 and 1/2 inch heels to me
to see. I wanted to cry! My baby girl is now a
beautiful young woman. And...
she looks beautiful in those stupid heels.

T bought some cool jeans and a pair
of pretty cool shoes.
He didn't shock me as much. :)

Well, then I dropped the kids off at Tami's.
Tami told me of an awesome art
exhibit at the Conference Center so
I went to check it out. You can too here.



I was so inspired!
I spent a long time there and
stared at the amazing talent of
so many people.

There were so many paintings
quilts, wood work and sculptures.
Of course, being there in person is so much
better than looking at the art work on line.
There was a lady that played inspirational music
on the piano the whole time which helped the
spirit to embrace me.

There was a painting that made me cry.

It was a portrait on an older
man who, in the description, was born blind
and was healed by Christ. The story is in the Bible.
John, Chapter 9.
He was brought to the Pharisees who asked how
this was possible. He then pointed to Christ and said
"He is a prophet."
The man is recounting his experience
with "increasing emotion" years after the miracle
happened. The painting suggests to us the lasting
effect when we are touched by the Savior in some way.

It reminded me of all the times I felt the Savior
touch my life and how those experiences lay a
foundation for my testimony.

The painting is called:
Wheareas I Was Blind, Now I See.


I walked back to my van in the pouring rain
barefoot.


Then, my man and I had
dinner alone.
It was a good end to a nice day off.




No comments:

Post a Comment